Lil' About Me

I little about me.  I am a mom of many.  I was divorced for ten years and was raising five amazing children when I met John.  John was recently divorced as well and he too was raising five children.  I guess we felt like no one else would want to tackle this crazy brew, so we got married. Our live is somewhat crazy, but I wouldn’t change a thing.  Well maybe, a housekeeper would be nice. I’ve noticed that at night my laundry breeds. 
I spent the last three years working at my dream job as a youth director for our church. I quit due to some personality conflicts and as difficult as it has been, I am embracing being a stay at home mom, sleeping in, watching soaps and eating bonbons. 
I enrolled at Grand Canyon University and plan to achieve a degree in Christian Studies and hopefully move on into earning a masters degree in Counseling.  Let’s just say I am on the thirty year plan.
When I’m not studying, watching soaps or checking on the breeding laundry, I enjoy cooking, gardening, reading, and spending time in the solace of riding the lawn mower.  Truthfully, sometimes that is the only quiet time I get.   
John and I decided that ten children was really enough so we got a dog.  Lola, is the boss of our family.  She is a six pound Shih Tzu that dictates, directs and determines the flow of our home.  Imagine if we allow this little mutt to be so bossy what a child would have been like. We also have the sweetest, most precious Millie, who is our grand dog.  My daughter Keila found her and she is the light of our day.  Then there are the longhorns that my other daughter Daneyl has.  They are like dogs with huge horns.  They enjoy eating pears out of our hands.  Of course the menagerie doesn’t stop there.  We have three outside dogs that like to protect us from the mean UPS guy.  My bonus son, Tristan has three donkeys and then there are the cats.  Two yellow cats we call Billy Fred, because we can’t remember who is Billy and who Fred is.  They don’t seem to mind though.  But the real queens of the castle are Princes, a long haired calico and Pearl, a freebie we got at Wal-Mart.
I’m not really sure where this blog will take me, but it will keep me off the sofa and away from dreaming about those soap opera hunks. 

Comments

Popular Posts