Alaska Bound

My sweet daughter Daneyl spent a summer working in Alaska.  It was a great experience of beauty, new friends and growth for her.  She is already planning on spending her summer '11 back in Sarah Palin land with the bears, moose and glaciers.   John and I were lucky enough to fly up there for her birthday and spend four days in the beauty that is Alaska.  The best way to describe Alaska is God’s untouched creation. 
To say that John was bitten by the Alaskan bug is an understatement.   He is already planning our summer trip to go back to Alaska, to spend a few extra days and I think if he had it his way we would move.  I can see us in our parkas, fishing for salmon, stomping through the snow with our rifles strapped over our shoulders, me complaining about the tacky hat that messes up my hair.  However, neither of us does well without sunlight.    Could I possibly sneak a tanning bed in my luggage?
I knew he had the bug pretty bad, but now the DVR is set to record anything that has the word “Alaska” in it.  So much for the kids recording their trashy shows of vampires, teen pregnancies and the Jersey shows. 
Have you ever wanted to just escape your life, the chaos of laundry, drama with family or friends and start over somewhere?  New job, new house, new friends, new community, new church, new life?    Where would you go? 

Comments

Popular Posts