Tyler, my current favorite child...

Mother’s Day came a bit early this year. My oldest son, Tyler who is twenty three called me yesterday.  He was asked who he looked up to or respected most in his life. He said his mom, which would be me, moi…
As a single mom I was really hard on my five children, afraid that one day they would not only outnumber me, but also together would be larger and stronger.  I have lived with a lot of guilt as I have matured in the knowledge that at times I was unkind, controlling, and from time to time they would have to do without.  Hearing from my adult son that he “thanks” me for all I did was the best words I could hear.  To know that he can look back and understand that even when I sucked as a mom, I was trying to do the best I could.  Tyler, you continue to be a blessing to me and I am more proud of you today then I was the day you took twenty three hours to arrive. 
I wonder what he would think if I took this opportunity to advertise that Tyler is handsome, funny, has a good job and is single.  Now taking applications…

Comments

Popular Posts