Happiness

John and I have spent some time this week talking about happiness. He’s not responsible for mine (although he seems to think he is). The kids are not responsible for their mothers, nor are my children responsible for my happiness.  Inside each of us is the ability to find our own happiness from within. 
Sarah Ban Breathnach writes in her book Simple Abundance, “you already posses all the inner wisdom, strength, and creativity needed to make your dreams come true.”
What an amazing lesson to learn.  So often I look for external things to bring me internal happiness, whether it is a new book, a nice dinner, or a new outfit.  Often I look back on the moment and realize that I had a sudden surge of excitement or happiness, but it was short-lived.
“Your diamonds are not in far distant mountains or in yonder seas; they are in your own backyard, if you but dig for them.” ~ Russell H. Conwell
Today, I am going to try to live in the moment, not wishing for a different past or new beginning.

Comments

Popular Posts