Welcome 2011...Let's Get this Party Started

Well, it’s the New Year and time to make all those resolutions that will be broken soon.  Why aim high and fail when one can aim low and succeed?  That is not the words of wisdom I openly offer up to my children. 
Probably like 60% of Americans I am aiming to lose weight in 2011 and today started searching for a new exercise machine. (I always need a new clothes hanging device) Has anyone besides me ever noticed that one can hardly find exercise clothes that are cute and comfy in the plus size department?  Do the designers of the world only think that skinny folks want to get fit or work out?  What a great idea for me to design plus size exercise clothes and only market them the first of the year before all the resolutions are broken and Valentine’s day candy sabotages all our dreams.  
I also have become aware today that in the ads that promote health, exercise and wellness only have fit, firm, and fabulously looking models.  Does one not realize that those of us seeking weight loss would be more enticed to buy their products if we weren’t so humiliated by the fit and perfect?  I would rather buy an exercise bike with a picture of a woman who was normal looking, not one that not only worked at all the time but probably starved herself to boot. 
So here’s to the chunky ladies who started off today with a mission to better ourselves even if no one else supports us or thinks we can.   
How about we celebrate with a fudgy brownie sundae?

Comments

Popular Posts