Grandchildren...

Well it is official.  I have crossed over into the dark side of the world.  I was getting a massage last night.  I might add a much needed, deserved and earned massage. So the sweet girl, Gabbi, starts talking to me about my neck being “off”, which I blame John and the tractor for, and she asks me if I have grandchildren.  GRANDCHILDREN??  I’m practically naked on a table with a girl I just met and she asks if I have grandchildren.  Can one be more vulnerable?  Do I look old enough for grandchildren?  Is it the stretch marks?  Could it be the added seventy five pounds?   
But wait, I should be fair to young Gabbi, she is a single mom at twenty four and that after all is only a year older then my oldest, Tyler.  So technically I could be a grandmother.  If I am to be honest, I made my parents grandparents when they were younger then I am now.  So dad, I am sorry for making you such a young grandpa and now young enough to be a great-grandparent.  But for now, I will wallow in the self pity of crossing over and get off my butt and work towards giving those added pounds a hike.

Comments

Popular Posts