Drama, Chaos and Stiches

I have often heard that what we are doing when a new year begins is how we will spend our entire year.  I guess that means that if we are drunk and partying then we will not even remember the year, but have a grand time experiencing it.  Or if we spend the New Year with family and friends it will be a great year of memories.  We of course do nothing calm, carefree or without incident.  I hate drama, detest chaos and calamity. 
We heard an amazing sermon in church Sunday about everything on earth, including our homes, bodies and “stuff” belonging to God, we are just stewards of the things we have, wear, and are.  With that in mind, I think John and I both wanted to do better with the belongings we are taking care of for God. 
We left church and went straight to Lowe’s to pick up a few items to finish up our downstairs bath.  John diligently starts working on securing the door, putting up some molding, and working to get the bathroom ready for me to repaint.  Hours into his labor and hard work he walks into our living room holding his hand, wrapped in paper towels.  To the hospital we go.  It was a deep cut, but one only deserving two stitches.  Upon our return the kids were a little sadden that he still had his finger attached.  What did I say about hating drama?  Here’s to a year of emergency room visits. 

Comments

Popular Posts