MLK Day

Another weekend down.  The kids are home from school, John is off working and I have a mentoring meeting. 
Today is Martin Luther King Day, now I’m actually not old enough to remember the civil rights movement, but old enough to know that it changed how we live our lives in 2011.  Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. once said, "Life's most persistent and urgent question is: 'What are you doing for others?'"
This phrase got me to thinking, what am I doing for others?  There have been times in my life where I spent a lot of time doing for others, but I can not honestly say consistently I have been one of those that constantly gave and served others.
So I need of action to be more diligent about doing more for others.
  1. Make a plan.  Start off the New Year by making a plan on how to serve my community.  Maybe donate food to the food pantry, unused clothes to the clothes bank, donate blood, volunteer at the hospital, become a mentor.
  2. Serve.  Find an area in my community where I can serve.  Maybe I can work on a Habitat for Humanity house
  3. Impact.   Make a difference in my community.

Who knows what continuous difference Martin Luther King will continue to make. 

Comments

Popular Posts